Alignment/Allegiances: Lawful Good | Ravenclaw
Physical Description: Awkward human penguin buying Lactaid
Likes: coffee | sunny weather | Korean food
Weakness: online shopping
Hobbies: reading | gaming | watching houseplants slowly die
Special Skills: daydreaming
Background: Masters in Public Health | Bachelors in Psychology
Writing Experience: RWA member | 5th Place Writer's Digest 81st Annual Competition for Children's/YA Category; Honorable Mention for Horror Category | (College) Assistant Editor for 'Ramifications' Literary Magazine | (High School) 1st Place National Beta Club State Competition for Creative Writing
Currently Resides In: San Diego, California
Some Random Facts
- I'm married to a Navy sailor (affectionately called The Spousebot), and we've been best friends since high school. So far, we've lived in Georgia, Illinois, Hawaii, and now California. We're that dorky couple cracking each other up and solving our disputes with fierce Mario Kart battles.
- I read my first fantasy book as a kid and from there started devouring everything from classic sword & sorcery to horror, watching sci-fi TV shows/movies, and penning my own short stories.
- In grad school, I was an intern for the Make-a-Wish Foundation and followed that with a few years working in the nonprofit sector.
- As if writing spec-fic wasn't enough, I round out my geek CV with being into anime, manga, comic books, and video games.
- I've been to several conventions, mostly to gawk and buy swag and stalk authors. I met two of my writer heroes, Richard Knaak and Margaret Weis, and nervous-giggled the entire time.
- I worked a gazillion part-time jobs as a young adult but my fave was clerking at a video game store. Employee discount and testing out new games for free!
- I'm allergic to everything. When I stay with friends, I have to send them this huge list of foods I can't eat.
- Name that nerdy high school club and I was probably in it. Marching band, Beta Club president, Drama Club, AP classes, NHS, on and on!